Here’s a little refresher on the glories that await the reader at our new, self-hosted site at http://baroqueinhackney.com.
The new Baroque is a bigger and, I think, more beautiful site. In true steampunk-Baroque fashion, I made it myself.
It encompasses my writing life, with details of my publications and readings and where you can find my work – both poetry and prose – online. More importantly perhaps, it also gives details about my services for writers.
As well as running a course on technique – called ‘Making Poetry’ – at the Poetry School, I also run other tutorial activities:
- several Saturday workshops a year
- one-to-one tutorials, either in person or by email
- more ongoing mentoring, where I work with you to pull out the best in your writing and develop all aspects of your writing life.
I also provide editing services. That is, I can:
- Proofread your manuscript
- Line-edit your manuscript
- Help you shape your poetry collection
- Work with you to develop a book out of the poems you have
As well as all this, good old Baroque in Hackney itself is still on top form. Recent posts include:
- Deckchairs, Beckett, snow, and cats
- Picasso, Hockney, colour, and dragons
- the Baroque 10-step plan for 2012
- and my pieces on the deaths of Christopher Hitchens
- and Vaclav Havel
I’ll be thrilled if you’ll have a look and sign up to get email updates of the new website. And I’ll be really grateful if you’ll recommend (or hire!) me as a tutor, mentor, or editor.
Here’s to a vibrant and very Baroque 2012.